Personal tools

Argument: By offering alternative, civil unions undermine marriage

From Debatepedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Parent debate

Supporting quotations

"Civil unions instead of marriage." Cranach. February 18th, 2009: "Heterosexuals have all but completely taken over the civil union option [in France] (92%, leaving just 8% for gays!). The civil unions give heterosexual couples financial advantages, but when one of them wants to leave, it is easy: 'If one or both of the partners declares in writing to the court that he or she wants out, the PACS is ended, with neither partner having claim to the other’s property or to alimony.' So much for family permanence."

Problem with the site? 

Tweet a bug on bugtwits