Argument: Corporal punishment can cause serious physical damage
"Child Corporal Punishment: Spanking. The anti-spanking position". Religious tolerance: "It can unintentionally cause serious physical damage: bullet
- Boxing on the ear can burst an eardrum.
- Shaking can cause a concussion, whiplash, blindness, serious brain damage, or even death.
- Spanking can injure muscles, the sciatic nerve, pelvis, coccyx (tail bone), genitals or spine.
- Hitting a child's hands can injure bones, blood vessels, joints and ligaments; it can induce premature osteoarthritis.
- A child who is hit can accidentally fall and seriously injure themselves.