Debate: Should governments bailout journalism?
(List of links)< Debate: Should governments bailout journalism?
The following pages link to Debate: Should governments bailout journalism?:View (previous 50) (next 50) (20 | 50 | 100 | 250 | 500).
- Featured Debate Digest articles
- Argument: Journalism is public good for democracy, deserves subsidies
- Argument: Journalism industry is in crisis, requires government help
- Argument: Leaving journalism to the markets risks degrading the trade
- Argument: Subsidization would damage independence of journalism
- Argument: The collapse of journalism would be devastating for society
- Argument: Journalism has/can maintain independence following subsidization
- Argument: Founding Fathers envisioned government fostering journalism
- Argument: Journalism is not independent under control of media moguls
- Argument: Governments already subsidize journalism without problem
- Argument: Government subsidizes many things; subsidize journalism too
- Argument: Government should not preserve newspapers that fail in markets
- Argument: Journalism can monetize demand without government bailout
- Argument: NPR/PBS demonstrate how subsidization impairs journalism
- Debatepedia top 25 pro/con articles
- Argument: Creative destruction in journalism would be good for society
- Argument: Journalism is not dying, it is more alive than ever
- Argument: Daily newspapers add little, let them die
- Argument: Newspapers can succeed by adopting new media
- Argument: Subsidization damages journalism's freedom to criticize